The Molder/Operator is responsible for manufacturing architectural components and automotive parts using fiberglass.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
All areas of responsibility listed below are essential to the satisfactory performance of this position by the job holder with reasonable accommodation if necessary. Any non-essential functions are assumed to be included in other related duties or assignments.
• Lifts and positions rolls of fiberglass on the in-feed table located on or near the mold press
• Reads temperature gauges and timing devices to verify that press temperature settings and cure cycle times are correct
• Lifts and positions foil, facing, polyester, fiberglass in the proper orientation on pole racks in accordance with work instructions
• Cuts fiberglass and associated materials into the appropriate pattern as per instructions
• Places fiberglass materials into the press and/or pulls the material through the press
• Operates foot pedals and hand controls to close the press for the preset cure time
• Removes finished molded part from press when press opens
• Properly orients part for curing
• Places part on water jet fixture for cutting with high pressure water
• Places part on check fixture for inspection
• Using quality standards visually inspects parts for defects
• Notifies pocket leader, floor manager and/or quality assurance technician for permission to repair or scrap part if it is nonconforming
• Performs other related duties as assigned
High school diploma or GED
Work environment includes working inside, assigned to a machine. Working conditions include varying hot and cold temperatures including extreme heat, constant exposure to dust, smoke, fumes, odors, noise, standing on concrete and risk of burns.
FLSA STATUS: Non Exempt
REPORTS TO: Floor Manager
This job description is not a contract between the employee and employer. The duties listed above may be changed at the discretion of the employer. Requests may be made to the employee to perform duties that are not listed on the job description.